Venue and Date
The one-day workshop will be held on September 21, 2018 at the University of Cologne, Germany. The workshop’s venue is: Universitätsstr. 37, 50931 Köln (Seminargebäude), room S16.
It is a satellite workshop of GAP.10. (GAP.10 ends one day earlier.)
Purpose of the Workshop
The purpose of the workshop is to bring together epistemologists who work on higher-order evidence. We are especially interested in debates concerning:
- conceptions of higher-order evidence
- epistemic akrasia
- evidence of evidence
- higher-order evidence and deductive reasoning
- higher-order evidence and defeaters
- higher-order evidence and disagreement
- higher-order evidence and suspension of judgment
- higher-order evidence, propositional and doxastic justification
- modeling higher-order evidence
Invited Speakers and Talks
Kevin Dorst (MIT) together with Branden Fitelson (Northeastern): Evidence of Evidence: A Higher-Order Perspective
Maria Lasonen-Aarnio (Helsinki): Higher-Order Evidence and Good Epistemic Strategies
Thomas Raleigh (Bochum): Agnosticism and Higher-Order Evidence
Timothy Williamson (Oxford): Evidence of Evidence: The Autoepistemic Case
Aleks Knoks (Maryland): Higher-Order Evidence by Way of Deontic Logic
Mattias Skipper (Aarhus): Does Rationality Demand Higher-Order Certainty?
Margaret Greta Turnbull (Boston College): Level-Splitting: It’s Not as Bad as You Believe
The workshop is financially supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG).